Sunday 20 April 2014

The beginnning

I am the proud mom of 2 cats. My newest addition is just plain weird and her antics are too strange and numerous not to record.

I adopted Riley 4 years ago. He is almost 5. I rescued him from TEARS and got a wonderful cat. He has an awesome personality; people used to tell me he was part dog.

I recently took Riley to the vet and once there the receptionists asked me if I would like to adopt another cat; I had reservations as Riley was my one and only spoiled brat cat; but I met Amie and fell in love.

Amie had been willingly given away by her owners as she was attacking the owners daughter (apparently). She was taken by a group of animal people that rescued and treated animals after the devastating fires in an informal settlement called Valhalla Park. We are still not 100% sure of her age; but they guesstimated that she was about 6 months old. She was a scrawny and very short cat and had already had a litter of kittens; 2 of whom she killed and the other was deformed and the vet put him down,

I really did not like the name Amie so changed it to Daisy. Lady Daisy (she is no lady!!). I adopted her in January and it is now mid April; so she is roughly 10 months old give or take.



This pic was taken on her first day home. She is the most loving and sweet natured cat. She has never attacked me, scratched me or bitten me. I have a feeling she was provoked. She struggled to settle down with Riley and was very aggressive towards him. Things have improved; they still have daily play fights (a struggle for dominance I fear) but have settled down well.

No comments:

Post a Comment