Sunday 20 April 2014

Daisy is weird

The first time a friend of mine met Daisy; she looked at her and said; Meg your cat is weird.

I do not deny it; she is the weirdest looking cat and has the most bizarre personality. I rescued Riley and even though he was previously abused; he really is a sweet heart and I have never had any problems with him.

Daisy on the other hand is a typical township cat. Food is a big problem; she gets breakfast, dinner and pellets to snack on at night; but every time I get up to go to the kitchen, there she is. Greedy guts is not even close to what she is. She actually ate a piece of raw cauliflower that fell onto the floor (needless to say she is rather round).

I have googled Daisy's stature with no clear cut results as to why is looks the way she does. She is stunted. She has no neck, a short body, a stupidly short tail and weird eyes. I guessed she was a runt but when I looked runts up on google, it said they grew out of it. She is never going to get bigger. I know having kittens when cats are still babies does stunt growth and now the only way Daisy grows is outwards...she is a real porker.

Daisy didn't know how to play when I first got her and now it is all she does...she prefers playing on her own and makes cute little grunting noises when she gets tired. She also meows at her toys..its such a cute meow..unlike the horrible meow she makes when she is hungry.

Tonight Daisy brought in a creature, there I was sitting watching Frozen and I hear a high pitched squeaking noise coming from my bedroom. I walk in to find Daisy inside the house box (I took a chip box and made it into a house for Riley).



This is Riley inside the box.

Now I kept hearing this high pitched squealing and freaked out, because I am a girl that does not do icky things.  I look in the box and it is a frog. Did you know frogs squeal? I didn't! Poor thing! I released it in the garden and when I brought back the box she climbed in to find it. I am glad she takes her treasures into the box and not into my bed. I have woken up to a few creepy surprises in bed with me; but that is a story for another time.






1 comment:

  1. Daisy sounds like a real character! I like her name too :-) I miss having a cat, but at least we have our 'part-time' cat from the neighbours who is very at home here. She's not been around very much with it being winter and the door not being left open for her to wander in as she pleases, but will probably be around more now that it's becoming summer. Keep up the blogging! x

    ReplyDelete