Thursday 19 June 2014

Catch up

I figured that since I am going to be bed ridden for a few days I would use this as a good time to update my blog.

Since my last post I now have lost a total of 12.5 kgs or according to the hospital scale 12.7kgs. Hospital scales don't lie.

I went in yesterday to have my second knee op. I was born with my knee caps pointing outwards and the stress of all the weight plus physical activity has made it painful when I walk, run, skip etc...Last year I had my right knee done and yesterday my left. I must say that yesterdays op was by far much better than the first; I wasn't so out of it as I was before with regards to the anestethic. Had a but of pain with the drip site but after phoning the doctor they put me on oral pills.

Here is a pic of the scar on day 1:


I am not looking forward to the removal of those staples.....eeek.

I went to see my God-daughter on Youth day; 16 June. It was so nice to catch up. She is so big, nearly 17 months and so busy..we had a battle trying to get her to sit still so we could take a pic..here are a few of the photos:





The last pic is when she was rather tired and had a tube of hand cream to occupy herself with. I rubbed some cream on her hand and she rubbed some on her hair. Love this girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment